The Committee for Christian Unity was established by the General Synod. The purpose of the Committee was re–defined in 1995 with the following objectives:
- To promote and sustain within the Church of Ireland the vision of Church unity.
- To promote and support movements in Ireland towards co–operation among the various Christian bodies.
- To maintain Church of Ireland membership of, and participation in, international ecumenical bodies.
- To encourage the development of inter–faith dialogue in Ireland and elsewhere.
- To report annually to the General Synod.
The membership of the Committee consists of the Archbishops and Bishops (ex offico) and twenty other members elected annually by the General Synod.
Please click here for Committee for Christian Unity news.
Please click here for Commission for Christian Unity & Dialogue publications.