The function of the Allocations Committee is:
- to investigate requests for financial support and make recommendations to the Executive Committee or the Representative Body as appropriate,
- to maintain a “watching brief” on the use and deployment of resources allocated to committees and organisations including their budgetary procedures and accounting policies,
- to anticipate financial pressures ahead and plan forward accordingly,
- to ensure that trust limitations are observed in the use of Representative Body funds
- and to co-ordinate with other financial bodies (Priorities Fund Committee, Investment Committee, Stipends Committee, Pensions Board etc).