The functions of the Stipends Committee are:
- to make recommendations concerning Minimum Approved Stipends, mileage rates for locomotory expenses, and the remuneration, expenses and budgets for the episcopate and other church officers,
- to monitor changes in taxation and State legislation insofar as clerical remuneration matters are concerned,
- to investigate and make recommendations in relation to grant aid requests from dioceses for the support of the Ministry and the training of newly ordained clergymen,
- to consult with dioceses and make recommendations to provide for the better maintenance of the Ministry generally,
- to monitor and report on the implementation of the recommendations of the Clergy Remuneration and Benefits Committee as approved by General Synod in 1990 and report to the Executive Committee or to the Representative Body as appropriate.