Main role and functions:
- Provision of timely and consistent secretarial, administrative and executive services to the General Synod Board of Education and its committees
- Monitoring educational legislation proposals and maintaining close contact with Government Departments and Departmental agencies in both jurisdictions
- Representing the interests of the Church of Ireland in education and promoting those interests in accordance with Church policies
- The Board of Education (RI) is a recognized education partner, representing patrons and management of Primary and Post–Primary schools.
- The Board of Education (RI) provides an advisory service to patrons, Boards of Management and the wider school communities.
- The General Synod Board has a responsibility to support and develop the adult education provision of dioceses and parishes.
- Compilation and printing of new religious educational programmes and other educational materials.
- Training and delivery of the Safeguarding Trust programme, which is the Church of Ireland’s Child Protection Policy for parishes and dioceses.
- Provision of advice and guidance in relation to child protection issues.
This project is the Religious Education Programme for National Schools under the patronage of the Church of Ireland, the Methodist Church in Ireland and the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
Safeguarding Trust: The Church of Ireland Code of Good Practice for Ministry with Children – Policy documents are located at www.ireland.anglican.org/policy and there is now a website www.sgt.ireland.anglican.org as well
|Contact Details:||Email Education|
|Direct Dial:||Email Address:|
|Dr Ken Fennelly||01 4125 609||Fennelly, Dr Ken |
|Secretary to the General Synod Board of Education |
and Education Officer (RI)
|Dr Peter Hamill||028 9082 8860||BoE Secretary NI|
|Secretary to the Board of Education (NI)|
|Eimear Ryan ||01 4125 604 ||Ryan, Eimear|
|Renee English||01 4125 662||English, Renee|
|Child Protection Officer (RI)|
|Ruth Burleigh||01 4125 624||Burleigh, Ruth|
|Garda Vetting Administrator|
|Margaret Yarr||028 9082 8860||Yarr, Margaret|
|Child Protection Officer (NI)|
|Claire Geoghegan ||028 9082 8860 ||Geoghegan, Claire |
DIALLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR CROSS–BORDER TELEPHONE CALLS
Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland:
Dial +353 & Area Code (drop initial ‘0’) & Local Number
Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland:
Dial 048 (instead of 028) & Local Number
Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland mobile:
Dial +44 & Area Code (drop initial ‘0’) & Local Number