Gmail is an email service from Google. It is fast & efficient and easily accessed from many locations, please click here to find out more about this service.
Google Mail’s custom ‘From:’ feature lets you send messages with another address in place of your Google Mail address, making it easier to manage multiple accounts from the Google Mail interface.
To use this feature, you will need a Gmail or Googlemail account, please click here to set one up.
To add a custom ‘From:’ address:
- Make sure that you can sign in to the account you’d like to add. You’ll need to access the account before Google Mail will let you send from it.
- Please note: If you’d like to send from another Google Mail username, make sure that you sign up for the account first. Sign in to your Google Mail account.
- Click Settings along the top of any page and open the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Name field, enter your full name.
- In the Email address field, enter the email address you’d like to send from.
- (Optional) When someone replies to a message that you sent using a custom ‘From:’ address, the reply will be delivered to the ‘From:’ address rather than your Google Mail address. If you’d like replies to be delivered to Google Mail or a third account, you’ll need to enter a ‘reply–to’ address. To do this, click Specify a different reply–to address and enter the email address you’d like.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Google Mail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Open your other account and either click the link in the message that Google Mail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Mail account settings.
To use a verified custom ‘From:’ address when composing a new message, pick your desired address from the drop–down menu in the ‘From:’ field. If you’re replying or forwarding, click change next to the ‘From:’ field first. You can also choose to automatically use the address to which a message was sent, by clicking on the relevant radio button in settings.
To edit the name or reply–to address for an existing entry, click edit next to the address on your Accounts tab. To delete an address, just click delete.
Note: When you’re sending with a different ‘From:’ address, your Google Mail address will still be included in your email header’s sender field, to help prevent your mail from being marked as spam. Most email clients don’t display the sender field, though some versions of Microsoft Outlook may display “From firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of email@example.com.”