To download this chapter as a PDF,
please click here
THE SUPPLEMENTAL FUND
1. With effect from 1st January 1976, the funds listed in the Schedule to this Chapter shall be grouped together under the title “The Supplemental Fund” and shall be held by the Representative Body for the provision of assistance to retired clergy of the Church of Ireland, and to the surviving spouses, orphans or other dependants of clergy of the Church of Ireland, in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.
2. The Supplemental Fund shall be administered by the Church of Ireland Pensions Board established under Chapter XIV of the Constitution and hereinafter referred to as “The Board”.
3. The Board shall
(a) from time to time make such rules and regulations as it considers proper to enable it to administer the income of the Supplemental Fund;
(b) determine the manner in which assistance may be given and the amount of such assistance;
(c) charge the expenses of administering the Supplemental Fund against the income of the Supplemental Fund;
(d) report to the General Synod upon any changes made to the rules and regulations concerning assistance from the Fund during the preceding year.
4. The Representative Body shall carry out the decisions of the Board made in accordance with the provisions of section 3.
Funds to be included in the Supplemental Fund:
1. The Supplemental Fund established under Part III of Chapter XIV of the Constitution of 1972.
2. The Augmentation of Widows’ Annuities Fund established by Statute Chapter II of 1939 and referred to in Part IV of Chapter XIV of the Constitution 1972.
3. Every donation, benefaction or bequest, specifically made to the Fund or to the Representative Body or the trustee concerned.
4. Every amount allocated to the Supplemental Fund by the General Synod.