To download this chapter as a PDF,
please click here
CENTRAL CHURCH FUND
1. The Central Church Fund shall be available for the needs of the Church in any diocese, for the purposes and administered in the manner hereinafter set forth.
2. The capital of the fund, hereinafter called "the fund", shall comprise and consist of the following moneys:
(a) Legacies, donations, and subscriptions to the fund allocated to capital by the donors.
(b) All voluntary contributions of £100 or €125 and upwards, whether by way of legacy, donation, or otherwise received by the Representative Body, and not otherwise allocated by the donors.
(c) The sum standing to the credit of the fund upon the 1st January 1963, and any moneys which may from time to time be allocated by resolution of the General Synod or by the Representative Body or otherwise to the capital of the fund.
3. The income of the fund shall comprise and consist of the following moneys:
(a) The interest on the capital of the fund due and accruing after the 1st January 1963, and in every subsequent year.
(b) Any grants made for this purpose by the General Synod out of the surplus appearing upon the income and expenditure account of the Representative Body in any year, or out of the interest on the General Sustentation Fund, or out of any other funds at the disposal of the General Synod.
(c) Church and other collections for the income of the fund, and all legacies, donations, and subscriptions under £100 or €125 received by the Representative Body, and not otherwise allocated by the donors.
(d) Other moneys that may be available.
4. The Representative Body may grant moneys out of the income of the fund for the following purposes:
(a) To assist in paying clerical emoluments.
(b) To give assistance to clergy by way of either grant or loan at ordination or on first appointment to the stipendiary ministry or towards removal expenses.
(c) To augment pensions.
(d) To make grants towards stipends of light duty parishes.
(e) For such other purposes as the General Synod, upon a report from the Representative Body, may from time to time by resolution authorise.
5. The fund shall be administered by the Representative Body.