Experimental use of Services
1. Any form of Service and any Lectionary and any Catechism which a Liturgical Committee appointed by the General Synod has recommended for experimental use with a view to its permanent use being authorised by resolution and bill under the provisions of this section may be used without the enactment of a statute from such date and for such period, not exceeding fifteen years, as may be appointed by the House of Bishops and notified by it to the Standing Committee of the General Synod ... (Chapter I, section 26 (3)).
2. The power of transferring any portion of a diocese to another diocese or union of dioceses contiguous to such transferred portion may in any particular case be exercised on behalf of the General Synod by the Standing Committee, if it is requested to do so by the synod or synods of every diocese affected thereby. (Chapter I, section 31 (2)).
3. If the diocesan synod, with the consent of the Standing Committee of the General Synod, shall so determine, there may be two or more archdeacons in any diocese. (Chapter II section 38 (a))..
Fees for Searches and Certificates
4. .... for every search in a register of baptisms or of burials and for every single certificate of baptism or of burial the fees prescribed from time to time by the Standing Committee of the General Synod .... (Chapter III, section 25 (2)).
Court of the General Synod
5. The Standing Committee of the General Synod shall forthwith after the first ordinary session of each General Synod elect ten lay judges, to constitute the list of lay judges, and shall also from time to time fill by election any vacancy or vacancies which may occur in the list of lay judges for the time being and shall report to the following session of the General Synod. (Chapter VIII, section 32).
The Church of Ireland Pensions Board
6. Any casual vacancy occurring by death, resignation or otherwise shall be filled by election, in the case of a member elected by the General Synod, by the Standing Committee of the General Synod (Chapter XIV, Section 16(b)).