Added on 29/01/2013
In 2013, CMS Ireland’s Annual Project will focus on Education in South Sudan – the newest country in the world. All Things New explores the importance of schools and teaching in the Diocese of Ibba, where primary education provision is extremely limited. The Church in Ibba has identified this issue as one of its main mission priorities and the project seeks to support them in this work.
In addition to raising funds for Ibba, the project will help children discover something about South Sudan, explore the importance of education and learn that God wants them to make a difference. The Annual Project Resource pack includes stories from the life of David, along with various activities and crafts to help children learn more about mission. Movie clips and photos from South Sudan will also be provided.
All Things New will be a great resource for Sunday School teachers who are keen to share the basics of mission with their children or who are simply looking for original, creative material produced here in Ireland.
The Annual Project pack will be launched at two special events – in Belfast on 30th January and in Dublin on 31st January. The Annual Project team will then take to the road for a series of Pit Stops during the first week of February. These ‘drop–in’ events offer a chance to meet the staff, have a look at the Annual Project material, enjoy a cuppa and (hopefully) pick up your copy of the pack. Come along to your nearest event at any time during the 90 minutes and stay for as long as you like.
- Wed 30th Jan, 7pm – The Good Book Shop, Belfast (with refreshments)
- Thur 31st Jan, 7pm – Church of Ireland Theological Institute, Dublin (with refreshments)
- Sunday 3rd Feb, 3:30pm–5pm – Ballymena (St. Patrick’s)
- Monday 4th Feb, 5pm–6:30pm – Derry (St. Augustine’s)
- Monday 4th Feb, 8pm–9:30pm – Coleraine (St. Patrick’s)
- Wednesday 6th Feb, 5pm–6:30pm – Castlederg (St. John’s)
- Wednesday 6th Feb, 8pm–9:30pm – Dungannon (Drumglass Parish)
- Wednesday 6th Feb, 8pm–9:30pm – Banbridge (Seapatrick Parish)
- Thursday 7th Feb, 4.30pm–6:45pm – Enniskillen (St. Macartin’s Cathedral Halls)
On Saturday 2nd Feb, CMS Ireland will also be present – with Annual Project material – at the iMAP Mission Conference at Douglas Baptist Church, Cork
You can read a bit more about CMS Ireland’s Annual Project here
33 Dargan Road
Church of Ireland House,
Rathmines, Dublin 6
|+44 (0) 28 90 77 50 20|
+44 (0) 28 90 77 97 72
|+353 (0) 14 97 09 31|
+353 (0) 14 97 88 21